Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Mother

The most beautiful creation of the Lord... she is the life giver. She is my caretaker, my sculptor, i am who i am because of my mother, my maa, the most beautiful human being on earth. She is the person i tuly love, respect and cherish...simply because she is my unassuming mom. I feel happy when she is happy, i feel lucky and worthwhile if i happen to make her proud, if i am able to make her smile it makes my day. I am lucky to have a mother who understands me, respects me, gives me my own space and loves me unconditionally. I don't think i can honestly say there is anyone else who loves me and cares for me the way my maa does. In fact, i must confess i do take her for granted many a time....throw my weight around the house, argue with her, don't obey her instructions, misbehave - the spoilt rotten child that i am! But she puts up with all my flaws, and that just makes me love her even more.
Why just my maa, i think all mothers are incredible. I hope all of us cherish our mothers, never hurt them or cause them any pain. We are who we are because of our moms. So even if the're not in the same house as us, lets care for them, talk to them, spend time with them and not just on mother's day.
My maa's face lights up just with simple things like music and flowers...i love giving her flowers. She is the best cook in the world...my pallate is so used to the food made by her, that i fall ill whenever she's nota round i dont get maa's food! What would i do without you maa, i just love you a little more than too much!
My biggest fear is that, someday, i have to leave her....it may sound really silly, but i will put off marriage for as long as i can because i'm so attached to my parents, especially my maa, and dread the thought of not being able to see her everyday! I also fear death. One of my closest friends lost her mother on December 26, 2004, i can never forget that day, and the fear i felt that someday i may have to deal with this loss as well. I have had nightmares at that time, maybe becuase i just cannot imagine my life without my mom.
Aparna Mukhopadhay, her maiden name, is now Aparna Das. She wed my baba at the tender age of 18. A briliant student, an awesome singer, a lover of art, nature and music. She has been the best homemaker -- i hope i am half as good as her someday! She was right there at the doorstep whenevr i'd come home from school, college and now from work...smiling, welcoming me,,, always asking "Khidey pechey, ki khabi?"
Her constant presence gives me strenght, it reassures me. She corrects me when i go wrong. She supports me and gives me strenght when i'm frail. She is my friend, philosopher and guide. She is my everything, i am who i am solely because of her. I love you so much, Maa

2 comments:

Sam said...

just goes to show that ipsy is her mama's girl!!
but u know wot ipsy, there are times you have to accept things and move on. having been away from home for 6 years, i know what it is like to be devoid of the motherly touch..... i learnt to walk alone.... stand stronger... and in case you are wondering it was my mum and dad's decision to "chuck" out into the big bad world!!
I learnt so many things, which otherwise i would have taken ages to learn.....
Mum made sure that I learnt things ASAP nad learn them good!!
Themost important thing my parents taught me (bybeing live examples!!) - No matter how much the person facing you hits you below the belt, always play with your honour and dignity intact. Be a better person, than a better player. And that's the key to winning despite losing!! Trust me!!

Unknown said...

hi ipsita, its very touchy...